You walk into your favorite drugstore, or your local Ulta or Sephora, and head straight to the makeup aisle(s).
What do you see?
Thousands of products and possibilities to choose from. There is always that relentless question of what works well and what doesn’t.
No worries, my friend. After years of being a makeup addict, I have a list of favorite products that never leave my makeup bag. Some are new, and some are oldies (but goodies, of course). Regardless of how long I have been using these products, they are all absolutely amazing and, not to mention, they all make me feel amazing too.
Here’s what I would recommend to anyone, hopefully you love these products and they work well for you, too!
- Tarte: Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation – I think it’s safe to say that I never loved wearing foundation until I tried this one. Don’t let “full coverage” scare you – it’s still lightweight enough to allow your skin to breathe while wearing it. Find it online here, and at any Ulta or Sephora for around $39.
- Tarte: The Buffer™ Airbrush Finish Bamboo Foundation Brush – This foundation brush induces actual tears of joy when I use it! It’s perfect for applying any foundation. This beauty of a brush allows for the makeup to blend perfectly and apply smoothly and costs around $34. You can snag your own online here, and at any Ulta or Sephora.
- Rimmel London: Stay Matte Pressed Powder – Favorite thing about this powder? The $4 price point, and that you can get it virtually anywhere! This little powder does its job by keeping my face shine-free throughout the day, and it’s also great for setting your liquid foundation.
- Benefit Cosmetics: They’re Real! Push-Up Eye Liner – This unique, long-wearing eye liner is unlike any makeup product I’ve ever owned. It goes on ultra-smoothly and has a matte finish, making it absolutely perfect for an Adele-inspired cat eye. This eye liner costs around $25. Get your own online here, and at your local Ulta or Sephora!
- Too Faced: Better Than Sex Mascara – I’ll leave it up to you to decide whether or not this mascara lives up to its name. However, this mascara does everything you entrust your mascara to: lengthen, curl and add intense volume to your lashes. Best part about this mascara? It would never smudge or flake on you. Get your hands on this amazing mascara online here, and at any Ulta or Sephora for around $23.
- LORAC: Front of the Line PRO Liquid Eye Liner – When it comes to the best eye liner for a perfect cat eye, this one steals the show. It has a brush tip, which equals a super precise and clean line, hassle-free. Grab one (or 100) online here, and of course, at your local Ulta or Sephora for around $23!
- Bobbi Brown: High Shimmer Lip Gloss – If there were an award for best all-around lip gloss, this gloss from Bobbi Brown would take the cake (without all of the sticky frosting, of course). This gloss goes on smoothly, and stays that way – never becoming sticky or clumpy throughout the day. Get yours online here, and at Sephora for around $25.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills: DIPBROW™ Pomade – The real question is: why am I just now discovering this? This brow gel is a little bundle of joy that makes it super easy to define your eyebrows for a natural and clean look. Find it online here, and at Ulta or Sephora for $18.
- NARS: Blush – My favorite thing about this blush is that each shade has a subtle pink tone, which would compliment any complexion. The NARS blushes have won me over with their gorgeous and super-pigmented shimmering shades. Get your hands on these blushes online here, and at any Sephora for $30.
- Tarte: LipSurgence™ Matte Lip Tint – Is it a lipstick? Is it a lip balm? I can’t tell since this product gives the rich pigment of a lipstick, yet the creamy, moisturizing goodness of a great lip balm. Grab one online here, and at your local Ulta or Sephora for around $24.
- Milani Cosmetics: The MultiTasker Face Powder – Last, but definitely not least, is this little heavenly face powder. It definitely lives up to its name, The MultiTasker, since I am able to use it for contouring and bronzing. This powder blends nicely, and has absolutely zero shimmer – which is perfect for a light, natural-looking contour. Get your hands on this powder online here, and at any drugstore for around $9.
P.S. – I got my sassy makeup bag at Sephora, but you can have one too for $24, online here.